السبت، 26 مايو 2012

Diaries of Ethiopian Lady in Khartoum

This post is a reflection of real stories I've witnessed happening to Ethiopian ladies in Khartoum, the capital of Shariaa and civilization project.

The 1st scene, on May 7th 2012:

A whole family was arrested even the children in Adiem near Bashdar station. 

It was the afternoon and the police raided the house where we sell food and they knew about us, but they come from time to time to confiscating our utensils. Tomorrow we  will be judge immediately after accusing us of managing prostitution place. They know we are not prostitutes, we are just selling food. we left our families behind and promised to send a lot of money monthly.Our money is not enough to pay the fine, live and send some money back Now we should find alternatives for selling food. Anyhow we are harassed several  times a day in the streets, by our costumers and police men, having no choice rather than living with abuses, so may prostitution would be a choice.

هناك تعليق واحد:

  1. Dear Yosra,
    I have reading your blog for quite some time now with great interest as I am studying female Sudanese bloggers for my Master's thesis on Gender and Identity in the Middle East. I would really like to get in contact with you, as I believe that through usage of new media (such as blogs and twitter) a society is able to change. The more people can let their voices be heard, the greater the impact. I would appreciate it so much if you would contact me
    My email is ft232@exeter.ac.uk
    I am looking forward to hear from you very much

    Kindest regards
    Fenna ten Berge

    ردحذف